Palram was challenged to stretch its capabilities for the project in terms of design, production and logistics. The roofing material was characterized with low thickness panels, a requirement met by Palram’s proprietary corrugation technology. A revolutionary solution was conceived: installation of the corrugated panels perpendicular to the slope, relying on the stadium’s unique “wavy” architectural design. This allowed a 65% decrease in the panel’s thickness, which provided a cost efficient solution that preserved the architect’s vision.
- Architect: HOK Sport (Populous)
- Product: SUNTUF® Corrugated Polycarbonate Sheet
- Product Type: Clear & Matte 3 mm, 8290 profile
- Application Type: Skylight
- Total Product Usage: 20,000 sqm
- Year of Completion: 2010